Well, that would cut down on the amount of email we’d have to deal with. Read music news for June 30, 2023–while you can.
- Rapper Travis Scott will not face criminal prosecution over the Astroworld tragedy.
- Is ChatGPT changing the music industry? Why, yes. Yes it is.
- At least one music CEO thinks that AI can be a big help when it comes to protecting creativity and copyright.
- And still with AI, a South Korean streaming service is adopting the technology.
- The future of karaoke? Being able to sing songs in the original artist’s voice with help from AI. It’s… weird.
- How do big tours by acts like Beyonce and Tay-Tay drive local economies? Like this.
- Steven Spielberg’s Ambling Entertainment just sold a 50% stake in a music library.
- This is interesting: the latest YouTube Culture & Trends Report.
- During a performance, a fan presented Pink with…a big wheel of cheese.
- Trash, is it?
- The Trouble with KanYe: “Important TV.”
- Are these the seven most important keyboards off all time? They sure could be.
- A fan of Silverchair? Ben Gillies (drummer) and Chris Joannou (bassist) have a new “tell-all” book.
- It turns out that the universe “hums” thanks to supermassive black holes. Cue the next new Muse song. background here.
- Nickelback gave this interview when they were inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame in Calgary.
- Likedance music? Got a Peloton bike? Then this is for you.
More music news? Look here.
BONUS: Into cycling? Try this.
- Here’s a running list of artists who have sold some or all of their song catalogs to a new breed of company. (Updated as required)
- Ongoing History Daily: Radiohead’s hidden Kid A surprise