Yay! Futurama is coming back! Here’s a trailer for the new season. (Via Sean). Now some music news for June 29, 2023.
- Madonna has been hospitalized with a “severe bacterial infection” causing the cancellation of her world tour. A full recovery is expected, but…
- …geez, how sick was she really? Apparently, really, REALLY sick. Unconscious. Unresponsive. ICU. Intubated. What kind of bacterial infection are we talking about?
- Every band needs a security guy who can “turn hotel rooms into dungeons,” right? right?
- The producers of the new Indiana Jones film paid US$1 million to have just this one song in the film.
- Ah, romance.
- Lewis Capaldi says he needs a “reset” following his Glastonbury appearance. Here’s why.
- If you’re an artist, know that Spotify is going to release artist data this Friday. Here’s what you need to do to save yours.
- Damn. I should have bought Spotify stock at the dip. Here’s why.
- This is what the Backstreet Boys are doing now,
- Meanwhile, the Chemical Brothers have a comic book coming. Noel Gallagher and Beck are involved.
- Google 1, Genius 0.
- “I’m quitting music to open a gas station in Wyoming.” Yep.
- If your coffee shop suddenly closes and you’re out of a job, what should you do? Stage a hardcore show in the shop!
- The Ronnie James Dio documentary finally has a release date.
- That was some circle pit during Queen of the Stone Age’s Glastonbury set. See?
- William Shatner has revisited his prog all-stars album.
- Hey Gen Xers! Want to feel a little aged? The Breeders have announced a 30th-anniversary edition of The Last Splash album. Yes, 30 years.
More music news? Check here.
BONUS: How about some ultra-weird iPhone accessories?